Code: BNBC2017 code
- All of the foundation & structural design is valid for 04(FOUR) STORIED Appartement Building at this plot (GOPALGANJ)
Wind Load consideration BNBC2017
case 1: All components, cladding, low rise building.
Enclosed Building; Type: Residential Building; Soil Type: SC; Location: Gopalganj
Basic Wind Speed, V: 74.5m/s; Exposure Category: B
Building Height, h (Above GL): 12.8m
Width perpendicular to the wind direction, B: 11.58m
Width Parallel to the wind direction, L: 21.24
Framing Type: CMRF; Damping Ratio: 0.02
Gust Effect Factor: 0.85; Importance factor,I: 1; Velocity Pressure,qz: 2.89
Earthquake Load consideration BNBC2017
Occupancy Category: I,II; Importance factor,I: 1
Seismic design category of building: See BNBC Table 6.2.18
Zone: 1; Zone coefficient: 0.12; Town: Gopalganj
Structural Type: Concrete moment-resisting frames
Seismic Force Resisting System: C. No Shear wall 5. Intermediate reinforced concrete moment frames; Response Reduction factor, R: 5
Load combinations BNBC2017
- 1.2D + 1.6 L + 0.5Lr
- 1.2D + 1.6Lr + L
- 1.2D + 1.6Lr +0.8W
- 1.2D + 1.6W + L
- 1.2D + 1.6W + L+0.5Lr
- 1.2D + 1.0E + 1.0L
- 0.9D + 1.6W
- 0.9D + 1.0E
Design Consideration BNBC2017
- Concrete compressive strength (as per ACI), f’c shall be
- a) Mentioned with detailing for column, foundation, grade beam, roof beam & roof slab
- b) 25 MPa for UGWR c) 21 MPa for stair & OHWT
2a. Mix proportion of concrete (W/CM of 0.4 and 2.0kg Ice) shall be,
- a) 1:1.25:2.5 for f’c=30 MPa (stone chips). b) 1:1.5:3 for f’c=25 MPa (stone chips).
Mix proportion of concrete (W/CM of 0.5 and 2.0kg Ice) shall be,
2b. Mixing proportion of concrete (W/CM of 0.40 & 2.0kg Ice and 250 ml plasticizer in mixing per bag of cement) shall be,
- a) 1:1.25:2.5 for f’c=40 MPa (stone chips). b) 1:1.5:3 for f’c=32 MPa (stone chips).
Mixing proportion of concrete (W/CM of 0.40 & 2.0kg Ice and 250 ml plasticizer in mixing per bag of cement) shall be,
- c) 1:2:4 for f’c=28 MPa (stone chips). d) 1:2:4 for f’c=25 MPa (brick chips).
- All reinforcement shall be deformed steel bar of yield strength(as per ASTM), fy =500 MPa(72,500Psi)
and fy = 500 MPa(72,500Psi) for footing (If Any) only. (Reinforcing Bars shall be AKS(TMT), BSRM, ANSWER or equivalent, and Strength & Ductility shall be confirmed by Test).
- 75% (or more) coarse sand(F.M.=2.5) & 25% (using 2.0kg Ice) medium sand(F.M.=1.5) shall be used
as fine aggregate.
- Use Portland Composite Cement(PCC), CEM II/B-M, BDS EN 197 of Strength=42.5Mpa.
(Anower,Holcim, Shah Spacial,Seven Ring Spacial or Cemex).
Use Portland Composite Cement(PCC), of Strength=32.5Mpa. for brickwork, plaster, sunshade, lintel, false slab.
- Water used for mixing of concrete shall be of portable standard (free of salt, silt, clay, loam, dust, organic materials, etc.).
- Any type of admixture shall be used as per the approval & guidance of the Structural Engineer.